"It is sold by the owner" they say signs that surely have caught your attention if you are thinking of selling your house without using real estate agents. If that is your decision, consider the following house buyers houston.
Guide to sell your house
1. Determine when you will put your home for sale - Plan where you will live after the sale. Get ready with time, as if you were going to make the sale quickly, so that you avoid the stress of having to move quickly.
2. Know the value of your property -Don't let yourself be carried away by rumors or feelings. Your house is not worth what the neighbor says or what you believe, it has a real value determined by the conditions in the market. If you have doubts, the best option is to request an appraisal. That valuation will make you put a fair price on your home which could make the house sell faster.
3. Establish an action plan for sale- Take into account the following:
- Type of promotion you will do.
- Evaluate how much the ads cost and where to place them-If printed newspapers work well in your place of residence, consider putting classified ads. Usually the sale of properties is not very expensive and it is easy to contract, only sending the information you want to publish.
- Internet ads are in vogue and are usually also cheap, but it limits the sales efforts to the public that you want them to arrive. Focus on the most popular properties for sale.
- Prepare signs if they are allowed in your community-In department stores you will find some almost ready, to which you only need to put your information. You must know that when you put them you will have calls to almost all hours and that you must be aware of your security when showing it.
- Let your neighbors or friends know that you are going to sell-Word-of-mouth promotion costs nothing and is sometimes very effective. If you have neighbors happy with the community they will like to know that there are properties available to notify their acquaintances.
4. Prepare your house for sale
- Some sellers hire a staging expert to make your house look as attractive as possible, but if you do not want to invest in that, make an action plan. The basic rule is to clean to perfection, repair or eliminate damaged things and accommodate furniture allowing you to see the real space that has the house, and the possibilities that new owners will have to accommodate there.
- Prepare it as neutral as possible, without religious or political allusions, and if possible begin to store personal items that only appeal to that is your home, without giving way to others imagine in it, that is inside, but not you neglect the outside. Make sure the patio is clean and the exterior (and interior) walls are painted and clean.
- Make a review or inspection of your house. Know your strengths and weaknesses. The buyers will ask you. Check what is damaged and you can repair it (sometimes investing a bit gives you great benefits) and recognize what does not work or needs fixing and you are not willing to change. Some of those things could be part of the negotiation of the sale by own will or because it is a requirement of the type of loan that the buyer will make.
5. Organize the documentation for sale
- If you have a mortgage, make sure with your bank about the debt and that you have no penalty for selling it.
- Learn about the liens that you have. To transfer the title must be free of these.
- Analyze taxes and property insurance. They will ask you how many are and the types of compulsory insurance that the house needs.
- Once there is a contract, follow up the process to ensure that the closure is achieved.